- 2 tablespoons ghee or olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1 1/2 pounds thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons peeled and minced fresh ginger
- One 2-inch-long piece lemongrass, pounded
- 4 cups Chicken Bone Broth, or your favorite stock, or water
- Sea salt, to taste
In a large saucepan over medium heat, heat the ghee or olive oil. Add the onion and sweat until translucent, about 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add the carrots, ginger, and lemongrass and stir to coat the vegetables with the ghee or oil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the broth and increase the heat to medium. Bring the soup to a simmer and cook until the carrots are tender, about 15 minutes.
Transfer the mixture to a blender and blend until smooth, blending in batches if necessary. We love using our immersion blender for this task!
Season with sea salt to taste and serve immediately.